Yes, winter is here. No, it’s not leaving anytime soon. But what better way is there to passive aggressively combat mother nature’s wrath than by spiking your hot chocolate? And not just by dumping some Bailey’s in it.
These sumptuous concoctions are far more creative—and flavourful— and not likely something your dear ol’ granny would serve (although mine would). So read on to pick the perfect mug of booze-laden hot chocolate to sit back and sip while glare out the window at all the f*cking snow.
Take heed, though: this might become a habit.
1. Red Wine Hot Chocolate from Imma Eat That
The ultimate pairing of chocolate and wine.
2. Alcoholic Hot Chocolate by Erin Nish
“Where’s the rum gone?” It’s in here mate, it’s in here.
3. Smirnoff Cinna-Sugar Hot Chocolate by A Night Owl
Surprise! For those who aren’t too keen on dumping vodka into their hot cocoa, try whipping it into the cream topping instead!
4. Bacon, Bourbon & Hazelnut Hot Chocolate by Serious Eats
A personal favourite of mine.
5. Coconut White Hot Chocolate by We Are Not Martha
If you’re feeling extra adventurous, try making your own marshmellows from scratch as Sues does here!
6. Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate by Sugar & Soul
If you wanna feel a little more badass.
7. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate With Cream Cheese Whipped Cream by A Cozy Kitchen
Um, CREAM CHEESE WHIPPED CREAM?! Yes please!
8. Hot Chocolate With Sea Salt Whipped Cream by Adventures in Cooking
This one will have you feeling extra decadent with its perfect combination of sweet and salty.
9. Broiled Bailey’s Hot Chocolate by Amanda K By The Bay
This is more than just dumping Bailey’s into your hot chocolate. The broiled marshmellows alone are mouthwatering.
10. Hot Chocolate With Rum by Food And Wine
Another way to pike your HC with rum, mate.
11. Pumpkin Spice Butterbeer Hot Chocolate by Half Baked Harvest
For all you Harry Potter fans out there.
12. Amaretto Hot Chocolate by Delightful E Made
13. Spiced Grand Marnier Hot Chocolate by Tasting Table
If you’re a fan of Terry’s Chocolate Oranges, this one’s for you!
If you’re delightfully (but responsibly) buzzed from this post, please LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT below!