Leslie Mann, with her trademark blonde hair and high-pitched voice, has come to be known as one of the funniest actresses in Hollywood. You may know her from such comedies as Knocked Up, This Is 40, The Other Woman, and most recently, How To Be Single. Not only is she funny, but she has an endearing quality that she brings to each of her roles.
Because Leslie’s so loveable, here are 14 facts you should know about her:
1. She met her husband, Judd Apatow, when she auditioned for The Cable Guy in 1996. They have been married for nearly 20 years!
2. While Judd claims it was love at first site for him, Leslie says she had a crush on Ben Stiller instead but still agreed to go on a date with Judd.
3. Judd won her over on their first date by cooking her spaghetti with Ragu sauce and Wonder Bread with margarine, and showing her the movie Heavyweights, which he wrote.
4. Leslie and Judd have two daughters, Maude and Iris, who appeared alongside Leslie in Knocked Up, Funny People, and This Is 40.
5. She prefers her name to be pronounced “Less-lee” over “Lez-lee.” It took 18 years for her to correct her husband on this!
6. She enjoys dark humour and her favourite movie is Harold & Maude.
7. Leslie and Judd support 826LA, a non-profit organization for disadvantaged writers, as well as the UCLA Rape Treatment Centre’s Stuart House.
8. One of the reasons she took the role of Kate King in The Other Woman was because she felt it a better representation of what women are like—supportive of eachother rather than competitive…
9. …And that kind of commraderie translated well offscreen. Leslie and Cameron Diaz pranked their co-star Kate Upton by drawing on her face when she fell asleep.
10. Leslie pushed for the inclusion of the scene in This Is 40 where she has one boob out because she felt it was integral to the scene to be as vulnerable as possible.
11. She’s no different than your average mom: She says she “needs her peace,” so sometimes when her kids are in school, she lays in bed eating food with the curtains closed and watches TV.
12. She was teased relentlessly about her voice as a kid. Jokes on them now that she’s making money with it!
13. Her The Cable Guy co-star Jim Carrey said she resembles Marlene Dietrich.
14. For all her comedic success, she was named “Hollywood’s Queen of Comedy” by Elle Magazine in 2012!
If you enjoyed this article please LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT below!