Since Leonardo DiCaprio is finally starting to receive the recognition he deserves in Hollywood, we decided to honour that with 10 facts every fan of his should know.
1. He’s an environmental conservationist. In 2006 he created, co-wrote, narrated and produced The 11th Hour, which premiered at the Cannes film festival, and was released in theatres on August 17th, 2007.
2. He was named after the great Leonardo DaVinci. While his mother was pregnant she first felt him kick while staring at a portrait of DaVinci in Florence, Italy.
3. While filming Blood Diamond in South Africa, he “adopted” a baby girl after meeting her in an orphanage.
4. Leonardo is the youngest actor to take the lead role in a movie (Titanic) that grossed over a billion dollars or more.
5. According to celebritynetworth.com, Leo has a net worth of 245 million dollars.